Friday, January 13, 2012

Fun of Cooking


As soon as I started to get better from the last procedure, I had the urge to cook. While I was in bed, I went through recipe books, magazines and watched some cooking shows... Mm... There are so many mouth-watering foods out there.

I have been cooking more than sewing lately, I guess that is one of the ways I say "I love you" to my family.

I made this lunch for my hubby the other day:

Sticky rice (with sesame)
Meat ball with spicy teriyaki flavor
Tamago-yaki (an egg dish)
Satsuma-imo no lemon-ni (Simmered Japanese yam in with lemon flavor)
Sausage with cheese

Then I realized I needed some green, so I added parsley. It is not really added as a dish, but parsley cleans blood, so it is good for you. :)

I just went through my fridge and threw things together with whatever I could find, but he was so happy that I was well enough to cook. The funny thing is that when I announced that I will start cooking, the whole family had a long list of requests. I am happy to say that I am near the completion of the list before my next procedure on the 17th!

I remember how fun it is to cook for the people I love and see their happy faces.

15 comments :

  1. Looks yummy! So good to see you are up and about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking is love. Happy to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful that you're up and cooking again! I'm pregnant and so sick I'm pretty much in bed as much as possible. The one thing I'm looking forward to is making dinner for my family. And eating too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to cook again, and your food looks so pretty and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and delicious sounding bento! Your family is so lucky to get such yummy Japanese food prepared with love. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids are so incredibly picky, that I don't enjoy cooking. I feel for my mother, I was just as picky growing up and she had the same frustration I do now. I'm not so picky anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you are feeling well again. And your husband's obento looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh oiishi! Do you know how to make tamago nigiri? My daughter loves that so much and I wish I could make it *easily* at home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy!!!!! Cooking is a great thing and I'm really happy you're feeling well again!

    Looking forward to see more of this cooking post!


    Please, come to visit my blog:
    http://alicecloset-sewing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are feeling better.
    Cooking is a very good sign.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delish! I ordered a 3 tiered bento and love it! Glad you are feeling better! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for your next treatment as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for the well wishes and kind words. I can't wait to be all over with the procedures for good (at least for a while) and get back into sewing and crafting in full swing!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to hear you are doing better. I am really not sure how I came across your blog, but I have been reading it for a while. I would love to read blogs about Japanese bentos like this one. I have lived in Japan for a little over a year on a very small island in the Ryukyu kingdom. And I love learning about Japanese foods and cultures. So, I have enjoyed the small glimpses you give in your blog. Thanks for the fun pictures and crafts... and sincere stories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to hear you are doing better. I am really not sure how I came across your blog, but I have been reading it for a while. I would love to read blogs about Japanese bentos like this one. I have lived in Japan for a little over a year on a very small island in the Ryukyu kingdom. And I love learning about Japanese foods and cultures. So, I have enjoyed the small glimpses you give in your blog. Thanks for the fun pictures and crafts... and sincere stories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm! I love trying dishes from around the world. :) I've been trying to cook a little more for my brother and his friends when I get the chance, and I agree, it's very rewarding to bless those you love. I'll be praying for you regarding your next medical procedure.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin